- Location: Dartford
- Role: Paralegal
- Practice Area: Criminal Defence
Sef is a criminal defence paralegal working in the crime department at our Dartford office. Sef has assisted the criminal department in a variety of cases in the youth, magistrates and crown court, ranging from violent disorder cases, sexual offences, multi-defendant conspiracies, drug offences, criminal damage, assault occasioning grievous bodily harm with intent and fraud.
Education and Memberships:
- Keele University – LLB (Hons) Law
- City Law School – BPTC 2015
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- The Criminal Bar Association of England and Wales
- London Innocence Project – Case Worker – Whilst at Bar School, Sef volunteered as a caseworker under the supervision of a criminal set of chambers on miscarriages of justice cases. Where he reinvestigated a murder case from scratch in order to find grounds of appeal for his supervising barrister to analyse and then put forward to the Criminal Cases Review Commission.
- Prisoners Advisory Service – Legal Volunteer – Whilst volunteering at PAS Sef assisted lawyers on all aspects of prison law including parole, release on temporary licence and categorisation. He also supported prisoners by responding to their complaints about their treatment in prison and providing them with information, where appropriate, to take legal action.
- Keele University – Community Legal Companion – Whilst at university and with a passion for pro-bono work Sef founded and assisted his law school in setting up the Community Legal Companion(CLC) scheme. Which was an innovative new role developed from the McKenzie Friend principle. The programme is still running and training Law students from the University, under the supervision of partner organisations, to provide unrepresented litigants practical assistance throughout the legal process. Sef was involved with the collaboration with Rowchester Chambers and Citizens Advice Bureau dealing with immigration matters.
Sef is fluent in Turkish and is currently learning how to sign language in order to assist clients in court. In his spare time he enjoys playing golf (not yet mastered) and attending his local gym. He also has an interest in cinema (film theory and film criticism); Sef is also a keen chef having managed a catering company for 5 years.