- Location: Dartford
- Role: Assistant Solicitor
- Practice Area: Criminal Defence
Aideen has litigated on a number of serious and complex criminal defence cases with GT Stewart including attempted murder, complex fraud, robbery and rape among others. Aideen regularly attends the police station and the Magistrates Court representing both adults and young persons facing minor to serious offences which are sent to the Crown Court.
Aideen is also experienced in civil litigation and has litigated on cases ranging from actions against police for assault to actions against the prison service for false imprisonment.
Education and Qualifications:
- Legal Professional Course – CLT: Commendation
- LLM – University College London in Public International Law – Merit
- Bachelor of Civil Law – University College Dublin – 2.1
- Training Contract completed both at GT Stewart in Criminal Defence, Criminal Appeals, Prison Law and Actions against Police and with The Law Society in focusing on European Law and Politics.
- Paralegal at GT Stewart Solicitors in Criminal Defence.
- Intern at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
- Intern at the Irish Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
Aideen enjoys taking part in running events & swimming, and is interested in travel and other languages – particularly Spanish.