The Family and Childcare Department deals with all aspects of Family Law, representing parents, children, other family members and interveners who are based in the UK and worldwide, in proceedings across England & Wales in all levels of Court from Magistrates right the way up to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
We have a large department made up of a number of specialist fee earners who are ably supported by a combination of our expert administrators, secretaries, paralegals and caseworkers; all representing clients across our offices in the UK.
We have particular strength and specialities in the following areas:
- Complex Care proceedings involving:
- The death of a child;
- Shaken Baby allegations;
- Genetic disorders mimicking child abuse;
- Non-accidental injuries (NAI) including head injuries (NAHI), fractures and bruising;
- Sexual abuse;
- Fabricated Induced Illness (FII);
- Cases where there are concurrent criminal proceedings;
- International Surrogacy & Adoption Cases.
- Complex Private Law children proceedings where the child or children are separately represented through a Cafcass Children’s Guardian.
- Child Abduction Cases through ICCAU.
- Representation of vulnerable clients, those with learning difficulties, ethnic minority backgrounds and foreign nationals.
We are often instructed by clients part way through proceedings where they already have legal representation. We are usually able and willing to take over your case and can ensure that the process in doing so is as smooth as possible.
At GT Stewart, we know that matters concerning family and private life are the most sensitive to deal with, which is why our experienced family team will listen to your concerns, wishes and feelings, and work to get you the best outcome to suit your needs. Please get in touch so we can set out how we are able to help you.
Please see below the areas of Family and Childcare law we are able to assist with:
Public Law Children Advice (involvement with Social Services)
Private Law Children Advice
Matrimonial and Relationship Advice
Domestic Abuse & Personal Protection Advice