Protecting Your Rights
Helping you access justice and support
Whether you’ve been treated unfairly, been subject to an unlawful decision or need assistance in accessing local authority support our specialist teams of human rights and civil liberties lawyers are here to help you.
We regularly assist our clients with:
- Taking action against the police and the prison service
- Taking action against public bodies
- Accessing social services support
- Assistance in court of protection proceedings
- Challenging unlawful decisions
- Representation at mental health tribunals
- Resolving education issues
If you would like assistance please contact us by calling 020 8299 6000 or by completing an online enquiry.
Legal Aid is available for a range of civil work. To qualify for Legal Aid we will carry out an assessment of your income and capital as well as the prospects of success of your case. The Legal Aid Agency provides an online calculator which you can assess direct to determine whether you may be eligible. We will help you through the Legal Aid Application process and if you are not eligible for free legal advice, we can provide a number of other funding options including:
• Conditional Fee Agreement ( CFA)
• Fixed fee/staged payments
• Hourly rate private fee scheme
“Whatever the odds, there’s a way”
Our expert solicitors are ready to help
GT Stewart has established itself as a leading firm in the UK for criminal, housing, mental health and family law, specialising in private cases and also Legal Aid work.
We pride ourselves on regular referrals from other firms and agencies
We are known for our tenacity when representing those engaged in challenging the State or defending themselves against a prosecution.