3 May, 16

Children & Families

We advise parents and young people regarding services from local authorities for children in need, for example children with disabilities or who need support from Social Services, including children in need of accommodation. Specifically this includes

  • Children who are, or are faced with, the risk of being made homeless, including 16 and 17 year olds who have been asked to leave home by their parents.
  • Disabled children who require a child in need assessment and care plan.
  • Children who are looked after by local authorities (that is children who are in care or children being otherwise accommodated by the local authority who are unhappy with the services that they are receiving).
  • Young people who are, or may be, care leavers between the ages of 18 and 25 who were looked after by the local authority when they were children for more than 13 weeks and who are now owed services as care leavers or young people who think that they should fall into this group.
Share this article:
Written by: