Home>Family Law Solicitors>Care Proceedings
Care Proceedings2019-04-30T16:50:45+01:00

Care Proceedings

We can assist you on a number of different matters concerning your children.

We offer you comprehensive advice, assistance and guidance.

Public Children Law

We understand that the involvement of social services in your private and family life, can be stressful and frightening, but we can help you through this difficult time.

  • Child Protection conferences;
  • Section 20 Agreements and the accommodation of children in foster care;
  • Pre-proceedings letters and meetings;
  • Non-accidental injury allegations;
  • Care proceedings;
  • Contact with children in care;
  • Care Orders;
  • Supervision Orders;
  • Adoption Orders; and
  • Special Guardianship Orders;

Our team includes advanced members of the Law Society Family Panel and members of the Law Society Children Panel. We are committed to fiercely defending our clients and we have had many successful results for families dealing with social services involvement.

If you are a respondent to proceedings, we can apply on behalf for a legal aid certificate.

If you are not a respondent to proceedings, we may still be able to assist you under a legal aid certificate. If we cannot assist you under a legal aid certificate, the Local Authority are sometimes willing to pay us privately, or we can speak with you about our private fees.

Private Children Law

We can also assist you on a number of different matters concerning your children, including:

  • Child Arrangements Orders;
  • Prohibited Steps Orders; and/or
  • Specific Issue Orders.

This type of Order can decide which parent your child or children shall live with and when your child or children should have contact with the parent who is not living with the children.

The Order is flexible, however, and the Court will make a decision based on what is in the best interests of your child or children. This may mean that the child or children live with you and the other parent in an equal way. For example, one week with one parent and one week with another parent.

Whether you are seeking an Order for your children to live with you or spend time with you, we can assist you to get the right that works best for you.

We can meet with you for an initial one hour fixed fee appointment, for £216. This will give you an opportunity to meet with a solicitor/lawyer to discuss your matter, obtain advice and for you to explain to us how you wish to move forward.

We will then be able to provide you with an estimate of the cost to complete the work.

If you are eligible, we are able to provide assistance under a legal aid certificate.

Our Family Services

Speak to a Lawyer in confidence 020 8299 6000

Securely message our Lawyers

Confidential Enquiry

“Whatever the odds, there’s a way”

Chambers 2022

Our expert solicitors are ready to help

The Legal 500 – The Clients Guide to Law Firms

GT Stewart has established itself as a leading firm in the UK for criminal, housing, mental health and family law, specialising in private cases and also Legal Aid work.

We pride ourselves on regular referrals from other firms and agencies

We are known for our tenacity when representing those engaged in challenging the State or defending themselves against a prosecution.