We advise on all aspects of Mental Health law to patients and their relatives, including:
- Legal representation before the First Tier Tribunal (Mental Health)
- Attendance at Hospital Managers hearings
- Section 117 and Care Programme Approach (CPA) meetings
- Assistance with issues with treatment and progress both in hospital and in the community.
- Assistance with applications for Judicial Review to challenge unlawful detention.
- The vast majority of our legal advice is available entirely free of charge to clients though legal aid. See our costs page or contact us for more details.
Our clients are amongst the most vulnerable people in society, which is why we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of advice and support at all times. Compulsory detention under the Mental Health Act can be a deeply distressing event both for the patient and their relatives. We pride ourselves on building a relationship of trust with each and every client and achieving a positive outcome for our clients.
The team are able to act in emergency situations and at very short notice, our Mental Health Department is headed by accredited member Rajan Nakrani who is based in our Camberwell Green office in London and he mainly assists client in hospitals across London and neighbouring counties in the South of England. The Mental Health Team are based in both the Camberwell Green office and the Leeds office in the North West of England. The team assist clients of all ages and from all backgrounds in hospitals of varying levels of security and in residential homes. Our team are willing to take instructions from clients right across the country and have experience in assisting clients with very complex issues.
If you would like to discuss the work that we do further, please contact a member of our team. Alternatively, you can make an online enquiry and we will respond at the earliest opportunity.