3 May, 16

Court of Protection

We can act for individuals including relatives and carers for any issues involving the Court of Protection or the Mental Capacity Act 2005. This includes disputes between a family and Social services about where an adult should live if that adult lacks capacity to decide for themselves, for example, an elderly person with dementia or an adult with a learning disability. We can also advise on disputes about contact with family members who live in a care home if the family member lacks capacity.

Any queries regarding deputyships or lasting powers of attorney, disputes about medical treatment for people who lack capacity and consent and disputes regarding depravation of liberty or depravation of liberty safeguards are also dealt with by our court of protection team.

We can advise carers and relatives about best interests and best interests meetings and we work closely with our Mental Health Team in order to provide an all round holistic service.

Share this article:
Written by: