Examples of areas where parents and pupils may require legal advice include:
- Special Educational Needs Tribunal.
- School admissions
- School exclusions
- School transport
- Complaints to Ofsted
- Complaints to the governing body
- Complaints to the Secretary of State
- University complaints
- Complaints to the office of the independent adjudicator.
If you think that the Education Department or the Secretary of State has made an unreasonable or irrational decision about the education of your child in relation to the provision of education to meet your child’s educational needs then GT Stewart’s Education Solicitors can help.
What we have done for others
Our solicitors have successfully acted for pupils and parents in school admissions, school exclusions and in judicial review cases.
- We have successfully appealed school admission decisions
- We have successfully overturned school exclusion decisions
- We have secured provision for pupils with special educational needs
- We have successfully represented parents at the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal
- We have successfully taken university complaints through the complaints procedure or taken the complaint to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator
- We have successfully issued judicial review proceedings against the Office of the Independent Adjudicator