We are a renowned multiservice law firm committed to access for justice. Our lawyers specialise in criminal defence, family law, housing, civil liberties and human rights. We are a Legal 500 and Chambers UK recommended firm who are currently recruiting a Paralegal to join our East Dulwich or Dartford Office.
This is a fulltime position with the successful candidate being part of a dynamic and growing team. You will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to fee earners, to include:
- Providing the highest level of client care in the management of client matters
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively, meeting set deadlines, complying with precedents, creating letters or documents on the case management system
- Attending clients and completing public funding applications
- Sorting, labelling and indexing large volumes of documents
- Redacting documents where necessary
- Liaising with the Police, CPS, NHS Trusts, private health and care providers and local authorities to request/receive documents
- Contacting courts to acquire transcripts and evidence
- Assisting with the preparation of hearing bundles
- Attending and taking notes of internal and client meetings
- Ad hoc duties and other related duties as required
- Have a passion for criminal defence and appeals work
- Attention to detail and the confidence to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Keen interest in justice and experience engaging with young people, either through their employment or working within the community
- Have completed either a law degree or the GDL. Ideally, candidates will also have completed the LPC or BPTC, although this is not essential
- Already have police station accreditation or a commitment to gaining it as soon as possible
You will receive a positive and supportive working environment with a team that prides themselves on promoting from within, exposure to industry specialists and a fantastic opportunity to start or continue your development in an award-winning law firm.
We are looking for individuals who are able to join the team ASAP and those on short or no notice periods may be preferred.
The firm will consider applications from those seeking permanent positions as well as those interested in a 12-month fixed term contract.
Salary and benefits will be negotiable and will reflect experience or potential of the candidate (Circa £18,000 to £21,000) as a minimum salary for a 37.5 hourly week.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
(Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to all candidates or provide feedback on your application, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the application deadline then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.)