- Location: London City Office
- Role: Assistant Solicitor
- Practice Area: Community Care
Education and Qualifications:
- 2007 – LLB Law (University of Hull)
- 2009 – Legal Practice Course (College of Law)
- 2014 – Qualified solicitor
- 2012 – 2014 – Trainee Solicitor, Maxwell Gillott
- 2014 – 2015 – Solicitor, Community Care, Public Law and Education, Maxwell Gillott Solicitors Present – Solicitor, Community Care, GT Stewart Solicitors
Prior to working as a lawyer, Warwick worked at Hull University Union as Vice-President (Welfare) where he had responsibility for leading and organising student campaigns and services relating to student welfare.
Before starting his solicitor training, Warwick worked as a paralegal in the family law department at Fisher Meredith LLP specialising in divorce, ancillary relief and private law children cases.
Warwick trained and qualified at Maxwell Gillott where he specialised in community care, public law, Court of Protection and education cases.
He joined GT Stewart’s community care team in March 2015.
Warwick advises and represents individuals seeking to challenge public body decisions. His cases include challenges to the level and type of social care support for vulnerable clients (including disabled adults, children in need, care leavers, age disputed unaccompanied asylum-seeking minors and families with no recourse to public funds).
Warwick also acts in Court of Protection cases in disputes regarding mental capacity, ‘best interests’ and challenges to DOLS standard authorisations which authorise a deprivation of liberty. Warwick acts for both relatives and patients (through a litigation friend) in these types of proceedings.
In education law, Warwick has experience in representing parents in relation to the provision of suitable education for their children with special educational needs.