- Location: Camberwell Green
- Role: Head of Crown Court Advocacy
- Practice Area: Criminal Defence
Education and Qualifications:
- LLB (Hons) University of Swansea 1998
- LPC College of Law, London 2000
- Qualified Solicitor in 2004
- Higher Courts Advocacy 2008
- Called to the Bar (Middle Temple) 2014
- Blake Dawson & Waldron 2000-2001, Sydney, Australia – Insurance Litigation Department (Paralegal)
- Kingsley Napley 2001-2003 – Headed a team of 20 paralegals inthe UK’s largest fraud case (Jubilee Line Extension Fraud) – a trial for 18 months at the Old Bailey
- Waller Needham & Green – Trainee Solicitor 2003 – 2004
- Hodge Jones Allen – Solicitor 2004 – 2005
- Shaw Graham & Kersh – Solicitor 2005 – 2008
- GT Stewart Solictors & Advocates 2008 – present
Barrister in Crown Court Jury trials on a daily basis from all levels of violence, large scale drugs supply and importation, Fraud, Public Order Offences, sexual offences, Murder etc.
Ronnie’s cases include:
- December 2014 – R v MB, Woolwich Crown Court, Aggravated Burglary involving a stabbing
- December 2014 – R v ML, Isleworth Crown Court, serious robbery
- November 2014 – R v KS, Croydon Crown Court, Aggravated Burglary involving knives
- November 2014 – R v AM, Croydon Crown Court, Aggravated Burglary – the Judge dismissed the case an application to dismiss charges prior to PCMH.
- October 2014 – R v AL, led junior counsel in Multi-handed Murder, CCC
- September 2014 – R v CH, attempted murder involving gang violence – Inner London CC, not guilty
- June 2014 – R v PO, multi-handed trial involving possession of Firearms and Ammunition with intent to endanger life [8 weeks – Croydon CC] jury found client to be not guilty.
- May 2014 – R v AB, possession of two firearms – Croydon CC
- March 2014 – R v Bamfo, large multi-handed conspiracy to rob dwellings using guns and knives. Involving 11,000 plus pages of evidence – Croydon CC
- February 2014 – R v Kunene & Kunene, involving manslaughter of their 5 month old baby due to vitamin D deficiency which caused florid rickets which ultimately caused the death of their baby. Central Criminal Court as a led junior.
- February 2014 – R v Jardim, possession of 2 firearms and ammunition – Croydon Crown
- February 2014 – R v Aghatise, possession with intent to supply class A drugs (5 kilos) – WCC
- January 2014 – R v Hartfield, multi-handed conspiracy to import class A & B drugs involving Spanish territory and 26 million pounds of amphetamines.
- Nov 2013 – January 2014 – R v Bundu: 12 week Fraud trial involving Misconduct in public office at Southwark Homeless Housing Unit involving 8,000 plus pages of evidence. The largest housing fraud in the UK.
- May 2013 – R v Dempsey & ors : 8 week multi-handed wine investment fraud – Southwark Crown Court
- July 2013 – R v ML: co-defendant possession of firearms & ammunition – CCC (Op Trident)
- August 2013 – R v FA: co-defendant kidnap and armed robbery trial @ WCC
- December 2012 – successful appeal against sentence at the COA on suspended sentence activation
- November 2012 – R v Smith and Turner: Manslaughter – CCC
- July 2012 – R v TE: multi-handed joint possession of firearms & class A drugs @ CCC
- June 2012 – Operation Withern R v Y (riots case) @ ILCC
- May 2012 – R v Byrne: s.18 serious GBH involving a fight in an Essex nightclub between two females where the victim’s nose was bitten off @ Basildon CC
- March 2012 R v MF 2012a s.18 GBH stabbing involving a young defendant aged 14 yrs @ Croydon CC
- February 2012 – R v KM: ABH in 6 month baby @ ILCC
- January 2012 – R v Huett & Ors: a multi-handed conspiracy to steal from 14 lorries parked at a port in Folkestone involving over £200,000 worth of goods stolen in the space of two hours @ Canterbury CC.
- October 2011– R v Adeojo & others: multi-handed joint enterprise murder as Junior @ CCC (Op Trident)
- August 2011 – R v Cheema: which involved an autistic 18 year old defendant charged with child abduction and sexual activity with a child & rape @ Maidstone CC
- March 2011 – R v Tullet: a large scale multi-handed class A drugs supply operation by undercover police officers @ Woolwich CC
- R v Robinson 2011, a robbery trial at Blackfriars CC
- July 2010 R v Adeojo: a large scale undercover police operation involving Class A drugs supply @ ILCC (Test Purchase Operation)
- January 2011 – R v JA: 10 defendant joint enterprise murder trial @CCC (Op Trident)
- February 2009 – R v Moemeka: an undercover police Class A drugs supply operation involving 49 defendants @ ILCC (Test Purchase Operation)
- July 2009 – R v Wilson: large scale Class A drugs supply undercover police operation involving 53 defendants @ Cardiff CC (Test Purchase Operation)
Ronnie plays all types of sports. He is captain of Kenton Cricket Club, who play in the Middlesex County League. He also regularly plays football and enjoys winter sports. Ronnie enjoys travelling around the world – South America, Australia, South Africa, South-East Asia. He lived in Australia for a year.
‘I just wanted to say, ‘Thank you’, you were so kind to me when I was feeling scared, nervous, anxious, helpless on that Sunday…I know this is your job, but I wanted you to know that because of your kindness and support on that Sunday you made me feel less anxious and nervous. I was feeling very vulnerable and you made a difference to me’