- Location: Camberwell Green
- Role: Higher Court Advocate
- Practice Area: Criminal Defence
Melanie Krudy qualified in 1998 as a solicitor, became a duty solicitor in 1999 and attained her higher rights of audience in 2003.
Since 2003 Melanie has specialised in representing those whose cases are being tried at the crown court where they are charged with a variety of serious offences.
Melanie has a formidable reputation in fearlessly defending her clients and obtaining acquittals.
She has excellent cross examination skills and is able to ensure that her clients’ cases are robustly and fearlessly defended.
Melanie recognises the importance of working with her clients and knows that their views and instructions are crucial to the successful outcome of any case. She is an excellent communicator and is able to quickly analyse and assess the strengths and weaknesses of a case and from there to assess a defence strategy.
Melanie defends those charged with criminal offences across the spectrum from minor public order offences to sexual offences and other serious offences of violence.
Melanie’s more recent cases include:
- Obtaining bail for a young defendant originally charged with murder for whom she obtained bail at the first hearing and who she subsequently defended successfully at trial
- Successfully defending a man of good character charged with serious sexual offences
- Persuading the court of appeal to quash the conviction of a soldier who had been convicted of serious firearms offences
- Persuading the court of appeal to reduce sentences of appellants whose sentences were manifestly excessive